To install FFmpeg, you need to download the installer or the static build from ffmpeg.org ¹ ³. Then, you need to run the installer or extract the static build to a folder on your computer² ³ ⁴ ⁵. You also need to add the FFmpeg bin folder to the
PATH environment variable, so that you can use FFmpeg from any terminal³ ⁴ ⁵. Here are the steps to add FFmpeg to the PATH on Windows⁵:
- Open the Start menu and type “
- Click Edit the system environment variables.
- Click Environment Variables at the bottom of the window.
- Double-click the Path variable in the upper portion of the window.
- Click the New button to open a new blank line below the bottom-most path.
C:\ffmpeg\binor the path to the FFmpeg bin folder on your computer.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Configure FFmpeg on yt-dlg
Another option to configure
ffmpeg on yt-dlg is go,
Setting -> Options -> Extra tab and set
--ffmpeg-location <PathToFFmpegBinFolder> for example:
Read more: Post-Processing⁶